Child friendly Chicken Curry
This is a special recipe that we got from Chef Maurizio who is a specialist in child friendly recipes.
1 Apple350 gm Chicken1 Lt. Coconut milk
1⁄2 Cube of vegetable or chicken broth
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp Madras Curry
300/400 gm Brown rice
– Wash the brown rice, add a pinch of gross salt and a tablespoon oil. Add some hot water that cover it up to two finder above the rice. Let it boil for about 30 minutes. You may be creative and add carrot, green peas, green beans etc to the rice.
- Chop the onion and apple sauté them with a bit of olive oil on a pan.
- Chop the chicken in small cubes and add these with the sautéed apple & onion. Add turmeric and curry powder for about 10 minutes.
- Add half a cup of hot water and bouillon and mix well.
- Now add coconut milk and cook at medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Now thicken the sauce with maizena or cornflour.
Add salt as needed. Remember kids dont need much salt.
You may use Pearl barley, bulgur or other cereal instead of rice.